Medi Abbis is the Chief Financial Officer of Cognos Therapeutics Inc. Medi is an accounting and finance executive with over 25 years of experience in startups, medium size and publicly traded multi-billion-dollar enterprises. He has extensive experience in all aspects of accounting and auditing in accordance with US GAAP & IFRS. Medi has worked in various regional markets and industries in the US as well as in Canada, Dubai and Egypt. Medi has helped multiple companies go public through initial public offerings or SPAC/de SPAC offerings with US Stock Exchange Commission and Toronto Stock Exchange.
Medi was a Partner-in-Charge of CFO Advisory Services for SquarMilner (currently merged with Baker Tilly) and held Senior Manager audit roles with Deloitte, Ernst and Young and PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP. He has held various Chief Accounting Officer and Vice President of Accounting roles with publicly traded and privately held companies, such as Prime Focus World, RealD Inc., Founoon Inc. and much more. In 2018, Medi founded his own consulting and CFO advisory practice, Abbis Advisory.
TO THE POINT
- 25 years of experience
- Extensive experience with public accounting for Big 4, publicly traded and privately held companies
- Extensive experience with IPO, SPAC/de SPAC, and M&A
- Noted speaker for Accounting technical development.
- Advisor to public accounting firms.
- Author of several articles in accounting and business journals.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting from Cairo University, Egypt
- Certified public accountant (CPA) in California